The Four Pillars of World Family Doctor Day 2021
World Family Doctor Day (FDD) – 19th May - was first declared by WONCA in 2010 and it has become a day to highlight the role and contribution of family doctors and primary care teams in healthcare systems around the world. This celebration is the perfect opportunity to acknowledge the central role of Family Doctors in the delivery of personal, comprehensive and continuing health care for all patients. It’s also a chance to celebrate the progress being made in family medicine and the special contributions of primary care teams globally. We are now thrilled to announce this year’s theme: Building the Future with Family Doctors!
Our 2021 theme, aligned with the Year of the Health and Care Workers 2021 declared by the World Health Organization (WHO), is based on four fundamental pillars with key elements to move forward and overcome the challenges towards a better future.
1. Building the Future with Family Doctors and Primary Care Teams
– We wish to highlight that family doctors working together with multidisciplinary teams of health and care professionals are key to strengthening health systems and delivering high quality and affordable care to all.
2. Building the Future with Family Doctors and Patients
– Family Doctors adopt a people-centred approach, provide ongoing support to patients and communities, and ensure continuity of care over lifetime. Patients are at the centre of this celebration.
3. Building the Future with Family Doctors and new technologies
– Amid the COVID-19 pandemic, new technologies have emerged as fundamental tools for healthcare professionals to continue their mission.
4. Building the Future with Family Doctors and YOU!
– What are the building blocks that YOU consider key for the future?
Get involved, raise your voice, share your activities and efforts, and contribute to building the future with family doctors!
For more than a decade, we have been witnessing all the celebrations, events and activities that our colleagues around the world have shared on collaborations, reports and photographs from many countries.
All of them represent an essential part of the history and memory of the WONCA family, registered in multiple editions of our WONCA News.
Be part of the #WorldFamilyDoctorDay! Join the #WFDD2021 campaign: Building the Future with Family Doctors by taking a photo with the hand sign shown in the image!
With this sign, we try to represent building a house, a roof... a home, our future. Pose, add hashtags, and share on social networks!This article was published under the category News on 19/05/2021 08:55.