Abstract submission has closed.
All abstracts must be submitted online via the conference website.
- When you submit an abstract for Symposium panel presentation please indicate your preference for a 10 minute presentation or a 5 minute presentation and your preferred session theme 1-4 as listed below. However, the final decision is taken by the Conference Committee.
- Each abstract author has space to list multiple co-authors and their affiliations, please encourage your co-authors to register for the conference also.
- If you wish to make a presentation together with one or more colleagues in the same symposium, in addition to your abstract submission please email us this request, with the details of the abstract submitted by your co-presenter at email@example.com so we can try to accomodate you.
- Each speaker must make a separate abstract submission for their own presentation.
- You will receive an automatic email confirming your abstract has been received for evaluation. Please check your spam / junk email if you do not see this in your inbox.
- EQUIP Members have priority and may be notified before the abstract deadline. If you are not a member of EQUIP you will be notified of the result of the evaluation after the abstract submission deadline. Again please check your spam/junk email.
- Successful abstract authors will be invited to give their consent for recording the conference presentation for the EQUIP virtual Library.
Session Themes for Abstracts
THEME 1. Impact of the COVID19 Pandemic on Medical Practice, Patients and Health Systems
THEME 2. Clinical conditions; acute, chronic, and urgent care. Patient Centered Care. Prevention, Lifestyle Medicine, Social Prescribing. Integrated care and Transitional Care. Insights into Future Research for Quality and Safety.
THEME 3. Health & Well-being of the Medical Workforce in 2022 and Beyond
THEME 4. The Future – Digital Health. Telemedicine. Population and Public Health, Sustainable Healthcare and Planetary Health
Each Themed Session has the following format:
Opening Keynote Presentation: (55 minutes):
2 presenters in separate or joint presentations on the Theme to cover 40 mins + 15 mins Q&A
Follow-on Symposium x 2 (40 minutes each):
Two separate symposia A and B will be hosted consecutively in association with each keynote theme. Each will be recorded for playback. Each symposium lasts 40 minutes, 20 minutes of presentations followed by 20 minutes of Q&A and discussion among the speakers.
2-4 panel presenters, each speak for 5 or 10 minutes, to a total of 20 minutes; focussing on one or more specific aspects of the keynote theme.
Following the presentations there will be an interactive session of 20 minutes, with audience participation via chat function for comments, questions, and sharing online resources of relevance to the topic. The aim is to help shape future work and collaborations on maintaining quality & safety during the pandemic and beyond.
Guidance on Abstracts
We are particularly interested in solution-focussed presentations.
The following list of categories may help you to consider yours. Other formats for quality & safety related topics are also welcome.
- a quality improvement project,
- a design thinking proposal,
- a peer reviewed published paper,
- a report about an intervention or service for patients or health workers,
- a research proposal seeking feedback or project collaborators,
- an innovation in medical education
- a clinical audit,
- an intervention that has reduced workload,
- an intervention that has improved health & wellbeing for patients or professionals
- an outcome of a team-based intervention,
- an administrative intervention at practice level or across interface of care,
- an implemented improvement in transitional care or integrated care,
- collaborative projects involving family doctors and primary care services, or family doctors and hospital services.
There are no workshops and no posters at EQUIP 2022.